Ionian Regatta in September 2018
The annual Ionian regatta takes place on the third Thursday of September and is an event cherished in the Wildwind calendar.
Though our normal sailing and instruction programme runs throughout the week, experienced sailors are invited to join in the event catamarans racing around the small uninhabited island of Arkoudi just off the Lefkas mainland.
Over 100 yachts join in the race starting from a line between Lefkas and Meganisi and then out to round Arkoudi to starboard before heading into the finish line at Syvota harbour for an evening of fine food at the local restaurants before a rousing prizegiving and live music celebration in the harbour.
The Wildwind fleet sets sail from Vassiliki joining the main fleet of yachts as they start to round the island and then somewhat inevitably beating them all back into Syvota where the boats are derigged and left overnight for the return sail the following morning.
- Vote for the British Travel Awards - £40,000 of holidays to be won!
- Flying, racing, training and sponsorship - Wildwind and the Laser
- British Travel Awards - We are Proud to announce that Wildwind has been nominated
- Wow! Just how good is Wildwind’s Kids Club?
- A fantastic Hobie 16 Nationals sponsored by Wildwind.